Sunday 14 February 2016

SFX: Eye Love You

Happy Valentines Day my beautiful readers, I hope you have had an amazing day no matter your relationship status.

I knew I wanted to create a Valentines themed SFX look in which I wanted to post on the day itself because it's something different and not everyone would have done something like this; I mean, it's not as pretty as hearts and flowers of course.


Isn't that just awfully attractive!? I really loved creating this and it made me realise how much I love make-up and creative make-up. This was my first look in a good couple of weeks because I needed some new products but doing this has given me a kick up the butt along with all the support I get when sharing my looks; I really do love what I do.


So let me explain this horrifying site. I got my inspiration from the YouTuber and artist Connie Corban; she was the main person I learnt my techniques from and who made me realise what I wanted to do. She is such a talented and beautiful woman so go check her out if that's what you enjoy. This look is not all blood and gore though, I wanted to make this look like I was all prepared for a date and then incorporate that betrayal of trusting a guy with your heart; I wanted to send the message out that girls need to keep their guard up before allowing themselves to possibly get hurt.


If you are at all interested in creating the same or a similar look then here's a product list for ya'll:

Everyday Make-Up:
- Nivea Hydration Primer
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (Medium)
- Rimmel Wake me Up Concealer (Ivory)
- Rimmel Wake me Up Foundation (Ivory)
- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder (Translucent)
- Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette
- MUA Wet Look Liquid Eyeliner
- Prima Lashes #118
- Soap and Glory Black Mascara
- MUA Red Lip Liner
- MUA Matte Liquid Lipstick
- Nyx Contour and Highlight Palette

SFX Make-Up:
- Tissues
- Liquid Latex
- Translucent Powder
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
- Krylon Burn & Injury Wheel
- Krylon Fresh Scab Blood
- Krylon Stage Blood

I got my main products for SFX from Krylon because they were the base to my collection and they were perfect for starting out. I then built my kit up with everyday products and things anyone would have laying round the house. The littlest of things could make a look 10x more successful!

There are so many Valentines themed looks out there but I wanted to combine both sides of make-up. I would really love it if you guys had any suggestions you wanted to share with me and I would definitely be inspired by the ideas you have. 


4 comments:

  1. Whoa! That is amazing! Even your everyday makeup is stunning. It is such a cool idea!
    Steph x.
    marvelsteph.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it means a lot. Hopefully getting a lot more exciting looks up on the blog! xoxo

      Delete
  2. gorgeous and super talented!!! Love it <3

    Life in Pastel

    ReplyDelete